From a daughter who's mother stayed with us for 6 weeks while receiving radiation treatments:
It has taken me some time to collect my thoughts about our experience over the past two months. I am so grateful for the service you provide. You provided what our family needed at each stage of the journey and gave us such peace of mind. In the beginning you were a home base where my mom could come and go from independently, while having some company. Not having to navigate parking and getting back and forth from the hospital was a gift and a blessing that we didn't understand the importance of until she was there. As treatments progressed, you offered a place to call home and a familiar face and routines on those long days. And near the end, you were a source of comfort for my sister and I as we supported her through the last few weeks of treatment. It was so much more than a bed and breakfast. It was just what we needed when we needed it. You and Dave were kind, compassionate, and welcoming. We all felt better knowing my mom was in your home during a tough time for our family. Thank you for offering this kind of support. The breakfasts were pretty amazing too. Your kindness has left a lasting impression and won't be forgotten. Thank you for taking such good care of my mom, we truly appreciate it.
Although this has been a difficult time for our family, Frame’s Guest House has been a wonderful place for our family members to stay. Brenda has been a warm hospitable host . She welcomed our family, providing nourishing , delicious breakfasts and comfortable lodging. The trips to and from the Foothills were so helpful- saving much time. There is a sign posted in their front hallway - “Come as strangers , leave as friends.” How true!
Words cannot express how very much we appreciate Brenda & Dave’s opening their home to my husband during my hospital stay and multiple surgeries at Foothills Hospital in Calgary. We live in Lethbridge, and for my 82 ½ year old husband to navigate in a “foreign to him” city like Calgary was a major worry to me. And to try to find a place to stay and get himself to and from the hospital, was scary for me. I am his navigator when we drive. I would not be with him. What if he got lost, or had an accident? We are so very grateful that we found Frame’s Guest House. Brenda & Dave were so kind, loving, accommodating, caring and personable. They were extremely Covid conscious, which we appreciated because of our fitting into the “vulnerable” category as far as Covid is concerned. They were definite in our “boundary” limits within their home and in their car, which helped us to feel “protected” from Covid. They were willing to be available whenever my husband needed transportation to and from the hospital. We appreciated their concern and conversations with Howard when he was present in their home. He reports that the breakfasts they provided were exceptionally good. The room he slept in was comfortable and very definitely met his needs. What was expected to be a 3-day stay extended to a 6-day stay due to additional surgery required. They were happy to accommodate him in the need for extra time. If we are ever in a situation to require this type of assistance in Calgary again, our very first call will be to Brenda & Dave. They do so very much “behind the scenes” that no one seems to be aware of. We would highly recommend that you contact them if you are ever in need of this type of care.
Vonda and Howard T.
From an out of province guest who stayed with us for 4 months:
Thank you for allowing me to stay in your home during this difficult time. It has been quite the journey and staying with you really was the best thing to happen for me. I wish I could find the perfect way to thank you for being so thoughtful. You always seemed to know just what I needed, or what would brighten my day. Caring is such a part of who you are, that I'm sure you're not even aware of some of the little kind things you do - and what a difference they make. I know your generous spirit has touched my life more times than I can count. I am truly grateful for everything you have done for me. You both truly do know how to make a person feel at ease, comfortable and welcome in your home. Your saying is true... I came into your home as a stranger and am leaving with 2 great new friends. Thank you both for everything!
Feedback from Hutterite Colony Members:
1) I would recommend the Frame's Guest House to everybody! It was everything a person could wish for. It felt like a "home away from home". We ladies don't always get to be treated like princesses, but we did here! Everything was super clean and tidy. Brenda and Dave are some of the most friendly people I know and made me feel like family.
Elsie W. (Verdant Valley)
2) I felt at home and enjoyed visiting with Brenda and Dave. It seemed to me that we understood each other and I would recommend this place to all the Hutterites. We were treated so good, a person can't wish for more. I must say I was relaxed , safe and felt cared for in the Frame's Guest House.
Annie W. (Springside)
3) My experience at the Frame's Guest House was great! It was just like staying in my own home. The service they provide is second to none and I would definitely stay there again in the future.
Marvin M. (Lomond)
4) For my husband and I, staying at the Frame's Guest House was just like staying at a home away from home - much better than at a hotel! The hospitality we got was great. Dave and Brenda can make it feel like you are part of their family. They start your day with a hearty breakfast and you can depend on getting a good nights rest. It's quiet and clean, with no cats or dogs. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It leaves you with a warm and welcome feeling.
Elizabeth and Edward W. (Lomond)
5) Staying at Dave and Brenda’s Guest House was one of the most wonderful experiences I have ever had. While sitting with my Mom from 9:00am-8:00pm each day at the hospital, it was nice to think I had a safe and comfortable place to go after a long stressful day. Being able to sit and visit with them in the evening made the stress go away. I went to bed knowing I was in a safe, peaceful neighbourhood. I would absolutely stay with them again if I need to in the future.
Ida G. (Mialta Farming)
6) We were looked after by Brenda and Dave more than we ever expected. It seemed too good to be true that strangers would do what they did for us - but it was true. A person really needs to experience it for themselves to believe it! They would drop us off at the hospital in the morning to spend the day with our Mom, and then come pick us up when we were ready to come home. They made a delicious breakfast each day that satisfied us for most of the day. If we needed to do laundry, it could be done in their home and was folded and waiting for us at the end of the day. Never have we had such an experience. Dave and Brenda took us into their home as if we had been known to them forever. They cheered us up when we were down and would listen and talk to us about our Mom. They genuinely wanted to know how she was doing each day. If you have a family member in the hospital and need a place to stay, the Frame’s Guest House is an awesome place to stay.
Ester M. (Mialta Farming)
7) I can't express enough how safe and comfortable I felt with Brenda and Dave. It was my first time in Calgary, and the big city and hospital felt overwhelming. As soon as I spent my first night at the Frame's Guest House, I felt totally at ease. They even drove me back and forth to the hospital! The beds were awesome and you could get a good night's sleep. The peace and quiet was awesome. (Hotels are a lot noisier!) I would definitely recommend this place to everyone - especially to the Hutterite Community! Sara K. (Rose Valley, Sask.)
8) After a long and tiring day at the hospital caring for a loved one, it's a good feeling to know that at the end of the day you can have a warm and safe place to go to at the Frame's home. Dave and Brenda are great people to know. They provide you with a warm bed, a clean environment and a great breakfast. It's also good to know that you don't have to call a taxi or take the bus to get to the hospital, since they drive you! I would stay here again if I had to. Thank you Dave and Brenda for making me feel comfortable and safe in a big city. Clara W. (Wild Rose)
From additional guests who arrived as strangers and left as friends:
I stayed with this lovely couple a few months ago. In a stressful, scary time, it was so comforting to be welcomed into this home. I felt safe, and cared for. Walking into Brenda's home was like walking into your Mom's home when your life is in turmoil. I give them 10 stars. This is an amazing family. Our world needs more people like them - especially right now!
Brenda and Dave Frame go above and beyond any expectations you may have. They make sure you are taken care of and any needs you may have are completely looked after. Staying at the Frame Guest House was the best decision I made. No worries and no stress - so important when you have a loved one in the hospital.
My husband had open heart surgery at the Foothills Hospital in Calgary. He was upset about me going to a motel. A friend suggested that I should stay at the Frame's Guest House. If anyone has to go through what I did, please call Brenda and Dave. There is no other place that you would get the same quality of care. They provide a nice room, breakfast and a ride to and from the hospital. And their company after a stressful day takes away all the stress for you - and in my case, for my husband also.
So clean 🧼, quiet 🤫 , and peaceful. Brenda is gifted at hospitality and thoughtful conversations which meet you where you are at. We are staying at Frame’s Guest House while we visit family member receiving treatment at the Tom Baker cancer centre. We are from Edmonton and Medicine Hat and are grateful for the “home” away from home. Brenda has blessed my family and I with the clean and peaceful home, warm and welcoming hospitality, thoughtful, delicious breakfast meals, and drives to and from the hospital . Also a great location; Ten minute drive to hospital. I would highly recommend this if you or someone you know needs a place to stay in Calgary to be near a family member receiving cancer treatment at the Foothills, Tom Baker, or Alberta Children’s Hospital. The Frame’s Guest House is a wonderful option!
This may be one of the few places you'll find that is actually better than advertised. From the very beginning, when we contacted Brenda regarding availability, she was friendly, answered all our questions and understood our concerns about the needs of my elderly parents as there were many worries about them traveling and their comfort. The three of us arrived at the Frame's Guest House after a long flight. At every step of the way they were accommodating, and looked after all our needs, including extra bedding and pillows for the reclining chair which was the most comfortable resting option for my dad. The breakfasts were delicious and a really welcome addition to our stay. We enjoyed their company after our days at the hospital. Also, the rooms and beds were very comfortable. We had transportation so did not require the rides to/from the hospital but we do expect to take advantage of that on our next trip to Calgary as our family member is expected to be a patient for many months. Given the last-minute, emergency trip arrangements and all the anxiety that comes with getting across the country to see your loved-one, the Frame's Guest House is an amazing oasis for families in their time of need. We are very happy to have found Brenda and David as they are providing a much-needed service at reasonable rates. David N.
Staying at the Frame's Guest House was my best decision! I was very out of sorts and scared when I arrived in Calgary. They made me feel very comfortable. I felt like I was at Grandma's house! I was safe, secure, welcomed and comfortable. They made a stressful situation much more tolerable. Heather B.
I can fully attest that what the Frame’s are offering is MORE than a blessing. I just spent five nights at the Frame’s Guest House
and these wonderful people were like a gift from God. I am beyond grateful. They alleviated the stress and made a difficult situation much more pleasant. Would I recommend the Frame’s Guest House to others? YES YES and YES!!!
Karen Lee A.
George and I are so grateful for this oasis during a very challenging time. The Frames took one very big item off of our plate that we needed to worry about and allowed us to focus on the treatments, staying positive and moving forward. Being a cancer survivor myself I know the importance of having a place where you can decompress and be quiet and be at peace but also the vital importance of having a solid support team; the Frames represented all of this for us and honestly, they are family now. Thank you Brenda and Dave for looking after our needs so flawlessly and seamlessly, everything has turned out great!
I am in my 80's and found the Frame's to be very friendly, supportive and helpful. I loved that they dropped me off at the front doors of the hospital and picked me up when I was ready to come home. I also really enjoyed having good conversations with them in the evenings, after a long day at the hospital! Rose B.
The Frame's Guest House was a very good experience for me. Being from a small town and not wanting to drive in the city, getting around in Calgary was a stressful thought for me. They took away all of that stress by driving me back and forth to the hospital. Brenda and Dave are very thoughtful and kind. I would definitely stay there again if the need arises.
I would highly recommend the Frame's Guest House. I was so happy there. There is always someone to talk to, the beds are very comfortable and breakfasts included a great variety. The drive to and from the hospital was really appreciated! Dave and Brenda are very caring people and are committed to meeting the needs of their guests.
My husband and I spent the weekend with Brenda and Dave. This was my husband's second visit to their home and my first. The Frames are amazing hosts, the house is immaculate, the breakfasts were delicious and they went above and beyond to be helpful. The rides to and from the Foothills hospital were so appreciated and Brenda made an extra trip to deliver a gift item I had forgotten at the house on our last day. An amazing couple providing a wonderful service to stressed out, tired travellers to Calgary. We appreciated ending our long days at the hospital in a welcoming, comfortable home . The neighbourhood was so nice and we easily walked to a good choice of restaurants and other food choices within ten minutes of the house. A great experience, thanks to Brenda and Dave. Bonnie W.
The Frame's have a comfortable and welcoming home. They make an effort to make guests feel like they are at their "home away from home". Breakfast is almost anything you want! One of the best features is the ride to and from the hospital as parking there is a nightmare right now. All in all, a great place to stay! Karen K-Y.
Everything was wonderful! The Frame's are friendly, kind, compassionate and extremely helpful. They made us feel welcome and at home. We were grateful for their hospitality and feel that we made new friends. We have no hesitation in highly recommending the Frame's Guest House. Christina N.
The Frame's Guest House is available for people who need caring, warm and friendly people to provide "a nest" for them when they are in a stressful situation of family illness and hospital stays. Brenda and Dave made every effort to make our stay as comfortable as it could be. They are sympathetic, caring listeners. Their lovely home with it's inviting back yard and deck met all of our needs.
Marilyn and Mervyn P.
Brenda and Dave are so welcoming, and we felt part of their "family" instantly. My elderly parents needed to go to sleep early, but I stayed up and got to know Brenda and Dave better while sitting out on the back deck. It was a great visit. It was also so helpful to have a ride to and from the front doors of the hospital, as my parents use a wheelchair and walker to get around.
Wonderful people! We were made to feel right at home. Very helpful. Rides to and from the hospital were most welcome and greatly appreciated. Would definitely recommend staying there. Judy B.
Wonderful hosts! Calm environment with an amazing breakfast (lots of healthy choices) and a very lovely clean home. Loved the back patio with an evening snack and tea! Would highly recommend to anyone who is helping to support someone in the hospital.
A friend recommended that I stay at the Frame's Guest House. It was such a blessing while my husband was in the Foothills Hospital. The ride to and from the hospital was so convenient - especially since the new parking facilities are still under construction. My stay with the Frame's was very enjoyable during a very stressful time, and I highly recommend their Guest House to everyone who needs a place to stay while in Calgary.